2017 May 17 - June 29
2017 October 11 - December 21
2017 Proposal deadline: 08/01/17
2017 BTR deadline: 09/10/17
MacCHESS is offering its sixth intensive HOWTO course in BioSAXS. Students will have a day and a half of lectures and hands-on software tutorials on the basics of BioSAXS data collection and processing from expert practitioners in the field. This will be followed by real data collection on MacCHESS beamlines (F1 and G1 stations).
This course now accepts remote students! These students will receive digital copies of all lectures, tutorials, and sample data, and will have access to a live stream of the course lectures. Remote students will not have data collection time during the course. This option is intended for current MacCHESS BioSAXS users who want a refresher, or for new users who plan to visit MacCHESS in the future.
- Course topics:
- Basic principles and processing methods
- Critical sample preparation and data collection procedures
- Evaluating data quality
- Computing envelopes and data modeling
- Online size-exclusion chromatography (SEC-SAXS)
- Overview of advanced and emerging methods
- What you need to know for publication
For more information and to register, go to: http://meetings.chess.cornell.edu/BioSAXSEssentials/
Submitted by: Jesse Hopkins, MacCHESS, Cornell University